Feeling connected to the community, we believe, is one of the most important parts for all the elder adults & people with disability for both their physical & emotional well-being. That’s why OSAN provides a range of community & social participation programs focused on empowering older adults & disabled persons to live life the way they wish to.
With our community participation program, we are solely committed to supporting elderly people independently or as part of a group to increase participation in their community through social and recreational activities, focusing on life skill development and living active and enjoyable lives.
First, our experienced NDIS providers will get to know the person (client) entirely and then identify their skills and area of interests to offer the most holistic, outcome-focused community support. We are committed to providing the most personalised supports that can deliver the best results and meet the changing needs of our clients.
- Identifying and understanding your hobbies and area of interests
- Explore your creative side through music, dance, drama or cooking programs
- Encouraging you to try new things and experiences which might include arts & craft, technology or fitness activities
- Supporting you to spend time with old friends, or make new ones through social activities at our centres, or in local clubs and community groups
- Supporting you independently or as a part of a group.
If you are an NDIS participant, we can support you with approved funding on your plan in the following areas:
- Capacity Building: Assistance in Social and Community Participation.
- Core Support: Community and Social Activities to improve daily living skillsets.
- Capital: Bridging accommodation for younger participants who are at risk of being admitted to aged care, or those who wish to leave aged care, while they wait for home modifications or identified specialist disability accommodation.